Success Story: Quick Wins
- Lower LSAT scores for the top-tier schools she was aiming for
- College senior with no professional work experience
WHY ABBYCAME TO TLSC
Abby wanted to go to a top-tier law school but was so overwhelmed about how to get there. She had good (but not extraordinary) stats, and interesting extracurriculars (but no real work experience), and knew that in this hyper-competitive law school environment, it would be hard to stand out. Abby had tried writing a personal statement on her own but knew it wasn’t good enough to make her the competitive candidate she needed to be to get into her dream law school, Columbia.
HOW TLSC MADE IT POSSIBLE
After going through an extensive brainstorming process with Abby, we realized Abby's original idea for her personal statement. We found a much stronger topic for her personal statement, while good, would not make her stand out. We helped her choose the right topic for her personal statement and create a powerful theme that ran through her entire application that showed she had the exact traits and skills law schools are looking for. It paid off!
- Columbia, her number one dream school, despite her LSAT score being three points below the school's median
- Boston University School of Law, with full tuition scholarship
- Fordham University School of Law, with 50 percent tuition scholarship
University of Chicago Law School
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- University of Pennsylvania Law School